Life cycle of E-LT/ETL Projects :-
- Our 1st step will be requirement gathering, like what what is the client requirement in terms of data integration. Which tool will fulfill the requirement of the client. And some information regarding business.
- Next step will be the identification of the Target system, schema, Tables etc.
- Our next step will be the identification of the various source systems, schema, file, legacy system etc .
- Next step will be documentation of Source and Target.
- For each mapping, what are the business rule we are applying while loading.
Note:- Above steps are not E-LT/ELT Tool specific. Following steps are ODI specific.
- Register all sources/target to ODI Tool– ODI Studio ->Topology Manager -> Technology (Master repository).
- Import all tables(data stores) metadata of source/target into ODI –ODI Studio -> Designer -> Model.
- Create a ODI Project — Designer -> Project (development Work repository).
- Create ODI components:
- create ODI Mappings
- Create ODI Packages.
- Create ODI Procedure.
- Create user functions and variables.
- Generate Scenarios.
- Create Load Plans (Designer/Operator).
- Developer Testing for all developed components using Operator or ODI console.
- After finishing all development, export all scenarios and Load Plans from DEVELOPMENT to TEST to PRODUCTION.
- Schedule all ODI jobs and monitoring.
We will discuss about each step in detail in upcoming tutorials.