OBIEE: How to inspect the query log in obiee
In last tutorial we learn to set the query log in OBIEE.
In this tutorial you will learn how to see the query log in OBIEE.
- Click on Administration.
- Click on Manage Session.
- Under Cursor Cache section from Action Click on View Log
- It will give the query log.
Different types of Logging levels in OBIEE:
Log Level 0:
Log Level 1:
- Logs the SQL statement issued from the client application.
- Logs elapsed times for query compilation, query execution, query cache processing, and back-end database processing.
- Logs the query status (success, failure, termination, or timeout).
- Logs the user ID, session ID, and request ID for each query
Log Level 2:
- Logs everything that is logged in Level 1.
- Additionally, for each query, logs the repository name, business model name, presentation catalog (called Subject Area in Answers) name, SQL for the queries issued against physical databases, queries issued against the cache, number of rows returned from each query against a physical database and from queries issued against the cache, and the number of rows returned to the client application.
Log Level 3:
- Logs everything that is logged in Level 2.
- Additionally, adds a log entry for the logical query plan, when a query that was supposed to seed the cache was not inserted into the cache, when existing cache entries are purged to make room for the current query, and when the attempt to update the exact match hit detector fails.
Log Level 4:
- Logs everything that is logged in Level 3.
- Additionally, logs the query execution plan.
Log Level 5:
- Logs everything that is logged in Level 4.
- Additionally, logs intermediate row counts at various points in the execution plan.