Introduction to OBIEE
OBIEE(Oracle business Intelligence Enterprise Edition) is business intelligence tool by Oracle corporation.
It provides a full range of business intelligence capabilities that allows:
- to represent the data in easy-to-understand formats (such as tables and graphs)
- the delivery of data in a timely fashion to the employees in organization.
Hence it helps the organization to make better decisions, take informed actions, and implement more-efficient business processes.
- Analyses is also known as Answers.
- It generates query to get answers for business questions
- Analyses allow you to explore and interact with information by visually presenting data in easy-to-understand formats (such as tables and graphs)
- You can save, format and share the results of analyses.
- Dashboard is a BI visualization tool that displays the current status of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for an enterprise.
- It provides personalized views of corporate and external information.
- A dashboard consists of one or more pages that contain content, such as analyses, reports, links to web sites, Oracle BI Publisher reports, and so on.
- Dashboards allow you to provide end users with access to the analytics information.
- Dashboards provide ability to identify and correct negative trends.
Scorecards is basically used to model the initiatives and objectives that fulfills your
- Corporate Strategy
- Evaluate their performance by assigning KPIs
- Determine and display overall performance
- Improve Financial Results and customer satisfaction
Filters and Prompts
- Filters and prompts used to limit or specify the data that is displayed in dashboards, reports and analyses.
Difference between Filter and Prompt?
Filter is applied only on a particular report,but a Prompt is used filter a page or dashboard that contain one or more report.
Difference between Global Filter and Dashboard Prompt?
Global filters, also called saved filters can apply on multiple reports().Dashboard prompt is a special kind of filter that filters request that are embedded on the dashboard.
- Agents are also known as Delivers.
- It is used to automate the business processes.
- It can be used to provide scheduled content publishing, event-driven alerting, and conditional event-driven action execution.
- Agents can be scheduled or can be triggered by a specific condition, which enables you to deliver timely information to users.
- Actions are used to provide guided navigation, link to external web content, and invoke web services.
- It can be included in various objects, such as analyses and dashboard pages reports etc.
- Actions allow users to take the proper action based on the business insight that they gained from the data that they received.
- Basically, Visual Analyzer is a en user tool.
- It provides end user a set of tools for faster, simpler assembly of detailed reports arranged together in an appealing, meaningful way.
- Further it also used to give a dynamic views for focused, exploratory interaction with your data.
- Visual Analyzer’s capability to load external data sources, you get self-service data blending of governed enterprise data with your own files.
Hope you enjoyed reading the article. In next article of OBIEE, you will read about architecture of OBIEE.
Like, Comment, Share and subscribe for similar kind of articles.