- Topology in ODI is used to manage the infrastructure. All the source and target systems involved in data integration are configured here.
- The configuration is segregated into physical and logical representations.
- These representations are mapped to each other through Contexts.
- In Topology we will configure following :
— Physical Architecture : It will contain Agent, Data Server and Physical Schema.
— Logical Architecture : It will contain Logical Schema.
- — Agent
Physical Architecture : It defines the different elements of information system and their characteristics. Each type of database (Oracle, DB2, etc.), Big Data source (Hive, HBase), file format (XML, Flat File), or application software is represented in Oracle Data Integrator by a technology.
It contains Technology and Agents.
- The source/target system details are configured under Technology using Data Server and Physical Schema.
- Data server contain connection detail like JDBC url ,username and password.
- Physical Schema refers to the schema of source/target database.
- Agent is the java component that is used to run ODI jobs.
Creating a Data Server
Step 1. Go to Topology, Select the technology of your source/target and after right click select New Data Server.
Give the proper name and provide your database username and password.
(JNDI Connection is optional)
Set JDBC connection Url
In my case my database and ODI Application in same system so I use localhost
JDBC Url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/orcl
If your database Application in different system then specifies that system Ip Address.
Before Saving Test connection detail whether Connection is successful or not.
Just click On Test Connection it will prompt one window in that just
If the “successful connection” message appears, means you have successfully created the data server. Now you can Save your data server detail.
Note: for every technology we create data server and for every data server
at least one physical schema should exist.
Configuring Physical Schema over your Data Server
Step 5 : Physical Schema refers to the schema of source/target Steps To create physical schema.
Right click on data server and select new physical schema.
Step 6. Select Schema and Work Schema. work schema is the schema where all those tables (created while running the Mapping like Error tables, Integration tables) are stored.
Creating Logical Schema
Step 7. Go to the context and define logical schema and save it.
Hence, You have successfully settled Topology for Your Project.
Learn about Agent configuration in next Post.
Thanks for Reading…………