In this post I will share some experience of mine about Internship like how to get an internship, where to search for it and how to prepare etc.
Internships have become an essential part for every students and professionals to showcase his/her skills and land a job.
But the question is how do you get an internship in a company?
To answer this question I am going to follow certain steps:
Step 1: First of all, know what do you want?
Step 2: After that start preparing for it.
Step 3: Increase your professional Network.
Step 4: Search, apply and ask for Internships
Step 5: Follow Up
Step 1 : What kind of Internship do You want?
First of all be clear with your short term goals. So try to analyze in which field or sector you want to make your career. You can figure it out by studying/reading about subjects that you like most. For eg. if you are a computer science student then option will be programming languages and algorithm, Computer Network, Web Development, Web and Graphics designing, and the trending topics like IoT, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence etc. As i am a computer science student , so i am able to write about topics related to it. You can search it over the internet for more details about your field of study or profession.
Step 2 : Start your preparation.
So okay, now you have selected your favorite topics/subjects. So this is the time to enhance some of your skills. If you really want to get an internship then you have to clear with the fundamental of related subjects and topics. Now i am going to share some of the famous website where you can enhance your skills:
- EDX : This is an online learning site where you will get courses related to all subjects of study like Arts & Culture, Architecture, Economics and Finance, History, Math, Computer Science and Many More.
- Coursera : This is also similar to EDX where you will get courses from the top universities from the world. You can learn all courses for free, but if you want certificate of completion then you need to pay small amount of money.
- Udacity : This one is also similar, but all courses are not free. But you can start your learning path by paying small amount of money.
- Khan Academy : This site is also providing most of the courses for free. A non-profit educational organization created in 2006 by educator Salman Khan with a goal of creating an accessible place for people to be educated.
- NPTEL(MHRD, Govt. of India) : National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven IITs and IISc for creating course contents in engineering and science.
Now its time to test your skills( specially for Computer Science students). So following are some of the online sites where you can check your skills:
Step 3 : Grow Your Professional Network
After learning some skills, now its time to start hunting for the internship. So at this stage you should be growing your professional network. Following are some of the sites where you can grow your network and ask for internship.
Step 4 : Search, Ask and apply for the Internships.
Now start searching for the open internship on the web. Here i going to list of the site name where you can search for it.
Except these sites you can directly reach out the to the company HR via their Career page. So for it, search about the companies which are providing Internship in your field of Study. You can also directly ask to your professional network.
Step 5 : Follow Up
So at last follow your pursuit of Internship.
If you like the article Please share it……..